“Fashion is about dreaming, and making other people dream.”
Such inspiring words to read on a monday, nai? Whenever i start to feel a little worthless, i read these random quotes on pinterest, though the effects are not long lasting, temporarily they lift me up! have you ever tried? This post is another effort to help you dream a little dream to be a glam diva!
That is exactly how I felt, with a new photographer and a full fledged hi-fashion shoot. Hair, make up, lights et al. We’ve tried to level up this post onwards doing better pictures not just for Jugni & Co. but to make you dream of this glam feeling, ok i know i said that before, but you get the excitement right? Monsoon on most days gets to me, makes me gloomy, makes me worry about my frizzy hair and being unable to wear long gowns and sexy heels. ‘Gloom to Glam’ was inspired from that feeling.
So what do you do when the baarish is not filmy and pretty, it is sad and makes you stay indoors all the time? You lift yourself up, with fashion quotes, vogue, and extra doses of caffeine. Shown below are too simple looks, that i am pretty sure you have in your wardrobe. These dresses are basic, but the make up is grand! With our hair and makeup specialist Saba Poonawala (follow her on instagram!), She made me understand that any look can be glammed up with the right kind of make up. so pay close attention to monsoon special makeup trends!
Monsoon make-up tips:
- Stay clear from liquid foundations, stick to powder press compacts or go ahead and invest in this magical product that I swear by. The MAC studio fix. It has never failed me, gives enough coverage and keeps me photo ready always!
- Try a Dia Mirza inspired dewy-dreamy look, use a little shimmer-mineralise powder all over the face, highlight your cheekbones with a light pink/peach shimmer highlighter like the one i use. Bobbi Brown’s Shimmer brick, it’s a little expensive but so pretty! As seen in the first look.
- If the au natural look is not your type, do a nice bold liner like the deep blue used in look 2 below, and super bright lips. Bright pink or a bold red rarely does any harm to anyone. Nude lips, might just look more gloomy if not paired with the right outfit and eyes. Bright lips always add that happy zest to your face and the over all look.
- When it’s about lining and accentuating the eyes, waterproof picks are a no-brainer. But these formulations have chemicals that dry the lashes and sensitive skin on the eyelids. To maintain the resilience of your lashes first coat them with a volumising or lengthening mascara. Build it up by topping with waterproof mascara. When it comes to liners, for a flawless matte finish, go for a felt-pen liner or a gel liner verses a pencil that’s cream-based. It dries quickly and stays put.
- Final tip: Seal in your look with a make up fixer, the one from MAC is amazing!
Happy colours, happy you. Make the most of this season, it’s going to go away soon and you won’t have the opportunity to experiment with these trends for a long time! Hope you liked what you saw, write your feedback in comments below.
Shoot Credits: Photographer- Gaurav Rasane, assisted by Kritika Chanchlani, Hair and Makeup- Saba Poonawala from La Belle salon and bridal studio, Location Courtesy- 11 East Street Cafe. Follow them on Insta & Facebook for amazing updates!
Also, here is a fun must have accessory post i found while researching for monsoon definites! Check it out http://www.vogue.in/content/7-rainproof-accessories-you-need#7
*phew* itna lamba post, ab toh Jugni chali to get drenched in the next shower. *SrideviModeOn* Hehe, and of-course, as I always say, Stay Jugni 🙂